I know, I know, everyone knows about Gordon’s, but occasionally I come across someone who doesn’t, so this post is for them! I can’t write a blog on places to go on dates without mentioning Gordon’s. SO many of my friends have been on dates here including me obvs, because it is a classic London date venue. Some Gordon’s highlights…
- It’s not obvious it’s there so it doesn’t attract wandering tourists – its tucked down a little alley down some steps.
- It’s pretty central – a stone’s throw from Embankment tube station
- It’s really small, intimate and romantic – being one of the oldest wine bars in London dating back from the 1890’s the cellar area has low ceilings and is all lit by candles.
- They do amazing cheese boards – not a pre requisite for a good date but an excellent bonus.
- You can come across as really clever history buff by telling your date that Samuel Pepys and Rudyard Kipling both lived in the building above the bar once upon a time.
- There is also a long terrace outside you can stand out on if its sunny.
- There’s an extremely large wine selection – handy for any date.
I would definitely advise booking if you want a table inside, it’s very popular.
Wine and a cheese board for 2 will set you back about £40