This very small, rather new restaurant in Neal’s Yard Covent Garden, is one of my new favourites in London and just so happens to be a rather good date venue as well!
Why you ask? Well a few reasons…
- As I mentioned the restaurant is really small and most of the seats (the best ones) are wrapped around the kitchen, which is in the centre of the restaurant so you can watch the chef’s cooking your food. This can be a good talking point e.g. ‘Ooh look at that big piece of meat he is frying, I must have it in my mouth!’ etc etc…
- Because the restaurant is so small you have to sit on high stools VERY close together, so it is quite intimate and you are forced to be a bit up close and personal, so maybe take someone you are sure you already like at least a little! This place is for couples – doesn’t really work in three’s!
- The food is SO good that even if it’s a rubbish date the food will be there to comfort you! I highly recommend the hash cake…it’s not drugs I promise…it’s BETTER! Your date will love you for this alone!
- The menu reflects the countries from the Atlantic Coast, through to the Mediterranean Sea leading to Israel, taking inspiration from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya – so it’s a little different. Also all the plates are small so you get to share with your date.
- It’s lovely and central, surrounded by bars for pre and post drinks.
Tip – You can’t book so be prepared to turn up early-ish and have a drink whilst you wait.
Dinner and wine for two is about £75.